LAUNION-L Archives

Archiver > LAUNION > 1999-08 > 0934760366

From: <>
Subject: Mary "Polly" Vaughn & Thomas Cox
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 19:39:26 EDT

Thomas Cox Married Polly Vaughan
02 Jun. 1792 ?Franklin Co. Ga.
Feb. 1820 Clark County, Alabama

Children
1. Elizabeth Cox b 1806 in Franklin Co. Ga. married
GEORGE LOWERY (son of DANIEL & Rachel HUEY)
Can anyone furnish data on this family? They certainly
appear to be Union Parish names. If you know the
Lowery's who married into the Cox family, I would like
to hear from you.
2. Leah Cox born ca ___also married Mr. LOWERY

3. Lewis Cox b ca 1800 and was the father of Eliza, Cela,
Rebecca and Thomas.

4? There may have been a Richmond Cox.?
Md. Nancy Ford 16 Oct. 1823.

5. Rachel Cox was born about 1806 in Ga. Listed as a
widow in the 1860 UNION PARISH LA census. Md.
10 Jan. 1823 in Clarke Co. Ala. Mar. Bk. "A" to WINDBURN
FUTRELL who died before the census was taken.
Children: Thomas Futrel ca ca 1830 Ala.
Matthew born ca 1838 in Ala.
Wiley Futtrel born ca 1840 in Ala.
Mary Fugttrel born ca 1844 in Ala.
Does anyone on this web site know these people? If so, I
would like to hear from them.

7. Mary Cox was born 3 Dec. 1826 in Clark Co. Ala. & married
John Smith.

8. Rebecca Cox born in 1835 married Richard W. Horn.

9. Barbary Cox married Henry Franklin

10. Thomas Cox born about 1810

11. Susan Graham was listed as an heir of Thomas Cox. Did she marry
into the Graham famkily of Union Parish, La. Husband's name was not
given in the will.

12. Grace Griffin Cox was also an heir but the husband's name was
not given in the will.

Thanks,
Sherry Gritzbaugh in Bellaire, Texas

This thread: