LAVERMIL-L Archives

Archiver > LAVERMIL > 2013-03 > 1364674513

From: "Lisa Grimes" <>
Subject: [LAVERMIL] Need a SWLR look up please
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 13:15:13 -0700

Good afternoon,

It is rare that I do much researching on contemporary cousins...but today I
am trying to discover
the correct dob for one, Allen RICE, and I suspect that Allen is probably
his middle name.

The 1920 Census shows that his parents were living in Vermilion Parish, and
I fully expect that
Allen RICE was born in Vermilion Parish.

1930 Federal Census, Ward 7, Vermilion Parish, LA:

Allen RICE, male, b. abt 1924 LA

Father: Reese Allen RICE, b. 1868 - d. 1928
s/o, Levi Stratton RICE, the s/o Samuel Russell RICE m. Martha
"Patsy" CAMPBELL
m. Elmira Aloisa CAMPBELL, the d/o Allen 'Buck'
CAMPBELL m. Melissa H. MOSS

Mother: Esther 'Estaire' KUEHLING, b. 1890 - d. __?__
d/o, William W. KUEHLING (b. 1850) m. Leontine (___) (b. 1861)

With a dob of 1924....I expected to discover him in the SS Death Index, but
sifting through there
I have found nothing.

Considering that he would have been of an age to have had a draft
registration card and been in the military during WWII...I have also checked
there and so far...on this search...I am coming up empty.

If someone can check the SWLR for me...maybe I can get an exact location and
dob to help refine
my search for this cousin.

Thanking all in advance,

Lisa
A descendant of Samuel Russell RICE m. Martha "Patsy" CAMPBELL
"Our beliefs determine our values; our values determine our decisions and
actions."
.....Author Unknown

This thread: