LAWSON-L Archives

Archiver > LAWSON > 1999-11 > 0943931643

From: <>
Subject: Re: Indian Lawsons/Hannah Potts
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:14:03 EST

Lee, GW,

On one of the Cherokee applications taken by Guion Miller, the statement is
made that Hannah Potts was an Indian Woman, too. Drewry was married first to
a white woman who left him when she learned of his Indian Blood. I have a
stack of papers one inch high that I need to sort out. When I last
researched the Lawson's in the Cherokee records in East Point, GA their
collection was incomplete. Last week my daughter finished copying all those
Lawson papers. I am sure the reason that the Lawson grandchildren were
rejected, was because Drewry was not registered as member of the tribe in the
1835 census. You must have been able to prove your link to one of the
persons on the 1835 or 1851 Cherokee Census in order to get a share of that
money.

Mary

Mary

This thread: