LAWSON-L Archives

Archiver > LAWSON > 2001-07 > 0994600297

From: "kathy.holmes" <>
Subject: Re: [Lawson List] Hugh Lawson, b. Scotland, d. Mecklenburg Co., NC 1774
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 09:51:37 -0400

Hello, Edward,

I am also descended from the Hugh Lawson, Mary Margaret Moore line, their
son Hugh Lawson II married Rebecca McConnell. in 1770. Their son was
Ashley Lawson, who married Cynthia Folsom (Lowndes/Brooks County Georgia)
and their son was Lawrence Folsom Lawson who married Mary Frances King.
Lawrence and Mary Frances were my great grandparents.

Ashley Lawson and Cynthia were early settlers (Cynthia's father, Lawrence
Folsom was one of the first four settlers of Lowndes County Georgia.

It was said they fought off Indian Attacks as early settlers here in
Georgia. (I have mixed emotions about that, since I have close Cherokee
Indian Relatives as well.

Lawrence Folsom Lawson, Ashley's son, fought in the Civil War and was
wounded in the second Battle of Manassas.

You will find the name, Hugh Lawson descended down through many branches of
my family, even today. I believe Lawrence Lawson had a brother named Hugh,
and I know he named one of his son's, Hugh Lawson as well.

I have more information on that line of the Rowan NC to Georgia Lawsons, if
anyone has an interest.

Regards
Kate Holmes