LAWSON-L Archives

Archiver > LAWSON > 2005-02 > 1107455620

From: "Paul Padilla" <>
Subject: Fw: Moorman Lawson/Ralph Shelton Relation
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:33:40 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Carol Roy,
Ralph Shelton was married twice, possibly three times. By first wife, Mary
Daniel, whom he wed on June 10, 1731, he is thought to have had the
following 14 children:
· John Shelton, Ralph Shelton, Palatiah Shelton, Eliphaz Shelton, James
Shelton, Ezekiel Shelton, Jeremiah Shelton, Azariah Shelton, Roger Shelton,
Katherine Shelton Rutherford , Sarah Shelton Robertson, Elizabeth Shelton
Arnold, Rina Shelton McGhee, (Rosa?), and Susannah Shelton Jones.
The second wife of Ralph Shelton was Mary Pollard and issued 4 children:
Aesop Shelton, Abigail Shelton, Liberty Shelton, and Mary Shelton
Both wives do not appear on the will abstract of Ralph Shelton, therefore
assume they were deceased prior to 1787 and the widow whom Moorman Lawson is
referenced in your post of 23 Jan 2005 is not known, but a 'gut feel' is
that it was Ralph Shelton's first wife, Mary Daniel.
Becca Lawson-Padilla
Broken Arrow, OK