LAWSON-L ArchivesArchiver > LAWSON > 2006-12 > 1167109115
From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [LAWSON] Still searching for my Lawson lines
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 04:58:35 -0000
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
I noticed Arthur Maness and, possibly more importantly, Andrew England and some Arringtons also in the same area of Scott Co., VA as the Bledsoes, Ambrose Lawson, the Rollers etc... There is a lot of conflicting info about the various Lawsons.
I found this info but check it out for yourself...
6. Sarah ENGLAND b 1796 VA md 22-Aug-1818 to Enoch PAYNE b 1796 Wash.Co TN
7. Andrew ENGLAND b 19-May-1802; d 3-May-1872, md Catherine FISHER, d/o Henry FISHER & Happy RIDDLE said Catherine fullblooded Cherokee over 7' tall. had Mary ENGLAND m Samuel ARRINGTON
8. Martha ENGLAND b 1796, d 1870
9. Jane ENGLAND b 1798 Lee Va md Dyer LAWSON; (Dyer short for Obediah) b 1793-98, d 1878 Lee, Va s/o David & Mary LAWSON #1686 Scott Co 1860 Obadiah s/o David, s/o Mordaciah (Moreman ?) LAWSON
Ch of Dyer LAWSON & Jane ENGLAND;
1. Russell LAWSON b 1820 Lee Co, d 1874 ScottCo md 1848 Eliz. BLOOMER #1688 Scott Co 1860 d/o Nehemiah & Mary (Bledsoe) BLOOMER, s/o Daniel s/o Nehemiah. Land in Indo Cuto Gap
2. Elizabeth LAWSON b 1822
3. dau. LAWSON on 1830 Lee Co census
4. dau. LAWSON on 1830
5. Matilda LAWSON b 1825/8 d 2 Sep 1867 md Joseph WILLIS
6. Ira LAWSON b 1830 md Jane Gincey Ann ROLLER went to MO with Bloomers and Rollers
5. John "Butter" LAWSON b 1832 d c 1910 Drowned in Clinch River md 1) Elizabeth HURD all ch. by her, 2)Susan WILLIS
6. Stokely LAWSON b 1836 md Elizabeth MINOR d/o Zachariah & Aggie MINOR, 1 dtr Orlena, killed by Rebel Soldier 1864
7. Alcy LAWSON b 1837 md Arthur ROGERS went west.
8. Enoch LAWSON b 7 Nov 1841 d 15 Jan 1912 md Lucy ROLLER b 20 Sep 1846 d 26 Feb 1923: Emiline wife of John R. ARRINGTON.
Some of the Bloomers went to OH where our Lawsons and the Monk families went and some to Indiana where old Clem Lawson and the Manis' went.
|Re: [LAWSON] Still searching for my Lawson lines by "" <>|