LAWSON-L Archives

Archiver > LAWSON > 2010-11 > 1289687814

From: "Mim" <>
Subject: Re: [LAWSON] Wilkerson Lawson
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 17:36:54 -0500

I don't know if this will help but remembered Amanda Lawson from
researching Thomas MARTIN>Thomas MARTIN>John MARTIN and John's wife
Letitia LEWIS.

Went onto Rootsweb and found this re: Amanda "Black Granny" LAWSON. Her
mother, Elizabeth MARTIN appears to be proven by her father's Will, he
being Thomas MARTIN, Sr. (Will appended below) and there are numerous
LAWSONS and MARTINS on this site.

CH-Hibernia
Entries: 10569 Updated: 2010-11-05 20:35:05 UTC (Fri)
Contact: Gunder --

ID: I4121
Name: Elizabeth MARTIN
Surname: Martin
Given Name: Elizabeth
Sex: F
Birth: 1823 in Tennessee

Father: Thomas MARTIN Sr. b: ABT 1779 in Otter Creek, Bedford County,
Virginia
Mother: Elizabeth SLINKER b: ABT 1780 in Bedford County, Virginia

Marriage 1 Wilkerson LAWSON b: 1824 in Tennessee
Married: ABT 1844 in Tennessee 1
Children
Mahala LAWSON b: 1844 in Tennessee
Joseph LAWSON b: 1846 in Tennessee
Amanda "Black Granny" LAWSON b: 1848 in Tennessee
George B. LAWSON b: 1852
Newton LAWSON b: 1855
John LAWSON b: 1857
Harvey LAWSON b: 1859
Harriet LAWSON b: 1860
James LAWSON b: 1862

Sources:
Title: Wills Of Hawkins County, Tennessee: 1786-1851