LAWSON-L Archives

Archiver > LAWSON > 2011-06 > 1308766011

From: bjsglowworm <>
Subject: Re: [LAWSON] Missouri Lawson family
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:06:51 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I am a descendant of Isaac Lawson and Agnes "Nancy" Lawson whe came to Rockbridge Co., VA in 1782. Their son Robert Lawson married Margaret Hicks Jan 1800, they are my ggg grandparents. Robert had a brother James Lawson, possible middle Inital L. Robert and his family came to Jackson Co., TN 1812/13 and it is possible that James came with them. From other family members have learned that there was a James L. Lawson who served in the Battle of New Orleans, this may be Robert's brother because he came from Jackson Co., TN. He did not return to Jackson Co., TN after the battle so have no record of where he retruned to, possibly the Nashville area.

Also Elijah Harvey Lawson and family moved from Jackson Co., TN to Macon Co., MO about 1840, where my family remained though my Father's generation. Elijah Harvey Lawson is a son of Robert and Margaret HIcks Lawson. Martin Van Buren Lawson, son of Elijah and Fred Lawson son of Martin. My father is Gerald EDward Lawson son of Fred Lawson and Beatrice Mae Burk.

Do we have a MO connection???

Thank You,

Barbara Lawson Shackelford