LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0881252819

From: "Y Cameron" <>
Subject: John Stowe & descendents
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 10:26:59 -0600

John STOWE was born in 1760 in VA and died 18 Oct 1832 in Trigg Co., KY.
He married a Jane ??. Jane died 29 April 1852 age 98. Both are buried in
the Jeff Stewart Cemetery in the Cerulean Community of Trigg Co.

Will Book A pg. 310 Trigg Co., KY

I, John STOWE of Trigg County state of Kentucky being of sound mind and
memory but knowing it is appointed for all men to die, I do make this to be
my last Will and Testement. In the first place I leave to my beloved wife,
Jane, all my estate real and personal of every description as long as she
soth live, then after her death, the whole of my estate, I leave to Vincent
GUTHRIE both real and personal to do with as he sees proper. This my last
will and testement given under my hand this 19 April 1832. Jane STOWE to be
Executor of Will.
William MARQUESS
Susanna MARQUESS
Anderson MARQUESS
Will was presented to be recorded 17 Dec 1832.

Trigg Co Deed Book E page 99

23 Sept 1833 Jane STOWE for love and affection deeded property left her in
will of John STOWE to Vincent GUTHRIE. (Will says son-in-law) Witnessed
by Jack and John P’POOL
On the same day in Trigg Co. Jane STOWE married Balaam EZELL.

Child of John and Jane STOWE
i. Sarah STOWE b 11 April 1801 Halifax Co., VA and died 18 Jan 1882 Trigg
Co., Ky
She married Vincent GUTHRIE on 28 Aug 1817 in Person Co, NC.
Vincent was the son of Garner GUTHRIE Vincent served in the VA Militia in
Capt. Saunders Co. in the War of 1812. By 1828 he and Sarah were living in
east Tennessee, 1829 they moved to Christian Co., KY and in 1832 we find
them in Trigg Co. Vincent and Sarah had 15 children, ten of whom lived to
be grown. Of these, there were 5 girls and 5 boys. When the Civil War
broke out Vincent and three of his sons joined the Confederate Army while
the other 2 sons joined the Union Army.
CHILDREN
i. Jane b 27 Dec 1818 d. 4 July 1818 married John Henderson SIZEMORE
ii. Martha b 19 Feb 1820
iii. John James b 27 Dec 1821 d 21 Nov 1914 Christian Co
iv. Sarah Ann b 11 Feb 1824 d 1911 buried at Lander Cem. in
Christian Co
v. Joel Johnson b 11 Dec 1825
1.vi. Asa b 17 Oct 1828 d 25 Nov 1888 married Eliza Jane TURNER
vii. Patrick Henry b 30 Sept 1830 d 3 May 1886 Williamson, ILL
viii Mary Elizabeth b 19 April 1834 married William WORTHAM
2.ix. Drucilla Frances b 7 Oct 1836 d 18 March 1879 married George
Jefferson STEWART. He was the son of Harrison and Elizabeth GOODE
STEWART
x. Charles William b 18 April 1839

1. Asa(3)GUTHRIE (Sarah (2)STOWE, John (1) was born 17 Oct 1828 and died 25
Nov. 1888. He married Eliza Jane TURNER.

Children
i. Jefferson
ii.Robert Vincent
iii.John
ivRoss
v.James
vi.William
viiAlice
viiLucie
ixLee

2. Drucilla Frances (3) GUTHRIE (Sarah (2) STOWE, John (1) was born 7 Oct
1836 and died 18 March 1879. Married George Jefferson STEWART, son of
Harrison and Elizabeth GOODE STEWART.
Children

i.Julia Dartheria b 7 Oct 1862
ii.Theodocia Ann b 1865 married a SOLOMON
iii Charles Henry b 28 Dec 1865
1.ivLucian Jackson b 1867 married Sarah Josephine BURGESS
vWilner V b. June 1870 married Florence WARREN
viGeorge Nicholas Harrison August 1872
viiMary Magadalene b. 23 Dec 1874 married a BAREFIELD
viiiMariah Agnes b 9 April 1877 married Jim WOOSLEY

1. Lucian Jackson (4) STEWART (Drucilla Frances (3) GUTHRIE, Sarah
(2)STOWE, John (1) was born 1869 in Trigg Co., KY and died 1 August 1896 in
Trigg Co. He married Sarah Josephine BURGESS, daughter of James D and
Christianne FRANCIS BURGESS.

CHILDREN
i. Lila Orben
ii. Myrtle
iii. Fannie
iv. Lutie Maude b 19 Aug 1896 d 7 Feb 1992 married Milton Randolph
STEWART on 1 Oct 1913. Milton was born 25 December 1893 and died 9 July
1974. He was the son of Robert Randolph and Johnnie MASON STEWART.
Milton and Lutie had 6 children. 2 sons, both of which died in1989 and 4
daughters, all living.

This thread: