LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0881555284

From: EOLEARY2 <>
Subject: Robert Patterson
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 23:28:04 EST

I have just learned that a Robert Patterson who was living in Logan Co, KY in
1800 was my gggGrandfather. He married Mary Hammershey in VA after he
immigrated from Ireland in about 1888 or 1889. He had 8 children with the
oldest being William b. about 1797, John, Robert, James, Jane, Polly,
Elizabeth, Sally and Margaret b. about 1810.

Robert Patterson served in the War of 1812 as a Col under Gen Jackson.

William Patterson, the oldest son, married April 30, 1818 near Springfield,
Robertson Co, TN to Malinda Bernbridge Owens b. Aug 16, 1802 in Jessamine Co,
KY.

Robert Patterson Jr. married Betsy ? and lived in Logan Co. Sons were named
William, John, and Dr. Beverly Patterson.

Jane Patterson married Osborn Nolan. First lived in Canton, Trigg Co, KY,
later lived in Nashville, TN

Margaret Patterson lived with her sister Jane in Canton, KY and married James
J Kidd on May 20, 1827. They moved to Graves Co, KY in 1831 where they had 7
children.

If anyone connects with any of this information, or can add to it, please
contact me at

Thanks so much Elaine Kidd O'Leary

This thread: