LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0881854318

From: EOLEARY2 <>
Subject: Re: KY Land Grants
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 10:31:58 EST

Under the Ancestry website and under Land Grants - I found a file for KY. In
this file there was a William Kidd that was the Grantee of 153 acres, Book 21,
Page 240, Date of survey:12-31-1846, and Watercourse: Blue Springs Creek in
Trigg Co.

Land Office from 1782 to 1924. The work is intended as a source book for
historical workers, genealogists and others who need a complete and
chronological index to the early documentary land records and history of
Kentucky. Due to the large amount of early records contained in these
two volumes, The Kentucky Land Grants has been termed "the rarest book
of its size, covering early Kentucky history and genealogy, to be found
anywhere." Bibliography: Jillson, Willard Rouse. The Kentucky Land
Grants, Louisville, KY:Filson Club Publications, 1925

Do you know where I write to get a copy of the Grant? Is is the Trigg Court
House or something on the state level. Do you think they would send it to me
if I contacted the Trigg Co court house? I don't understand what these land
grants were for. I don't know who the father of William Kidd is so I am
hoping this may help to serve as a link.

Thanks again.

Elaine

This thread: