LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0881900533

From: "Betty Sellers" <>
Subject: Re: 1886 Madisonville Times
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 20:22:13 -0800

Okay--- I've been typing old newspapers and in the early 1900's... in the
early spring the farmer brought in the largest snake they could kill to show
in the Cadiz Record office.. My grandfather was one of those in 1912.. Seems
he didn't want to be left out! It was fun finding his name.

During the reclamation of the land in the 1950's... the snakes were drove
out... It was not uncommon to find copperheads and other snakes in the
town's... Many a woman found them on their front porch... but a limb across
a road is a fairly big snake... I'll look for more stories..

Thanks Marion...