LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0881904856

From: "Betty Sellers" <>
Subject: CERULEAN ITEMS MAR 1887
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 21:34:16 -0800

CERULEAN ITEMS MARCH 1887

MR. JOE PARSLEY, our town blacksmith, has the measles.

MR. JOHN C PUCKETT will move his steam saw-mill into this town in a few
days.

MR. GEORGE LINDSEY of Cadiz, died last Saturday. Also MR. RICHARD HESTER
died near Cadiz Friday.

The dance at MR GUTHRIE'S in this village last night was quite an enjoyable
affair. The young ladies never looked lovelier, and the boys were just as
handsome as they could possibly be. Mt. Guthrie furnished the music for
the occasion, and the tip of the light fantastic toe was heard until a late
hour.

We regret to announce the illiness of MRS. LENEAVES, of this place, who is
confined to her bed.

MISS EMMA GRIFFITH, of Princeton, Ky., is visiting the family of MR. W.S.
GOODWIN this week.

MR. MARION BARFIELD, of this place, will have a marriageable daughter in
about sixteen years.

We regret the absence of MISS TULA JENNINGS, who had to leave school on
account of illness, howev er we are glad to hear of her recovery, and hope
to see her come again soon.

MISS NORA TURNER, daughter of JOE TURNER, is attending Professor A.P.
P'POOL'S school in this place.

DR. FELIX was the first to start to plowing in this place.

This thread: