LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0881965846

From: "Betty Sellers" <>
Subject: BACK TO THE PRESENT - OBIT -
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 14:30:46 -0800

I noted an obituary today in the Cadiz Record that really caught my eye -

EDNA K. WHARTON - 109 years old.

funeral services for EDNA K. WHARTON, 109, of Kuttawa, formerly of Cerulean,
will be conducted on Dec 10, 1997 at 11 a.m. at the Morgan's Funeral Home in
Princeton.

The Rev. Frank Larkins will officiate the services. Burial will follow in
the Rocky Ridge Church Cemetery in Trigg County.

MRS. WHARTON died on Dec 6 at the Hilltop Nursing Home in Kuttawa of a short
illness.

MRS. WHARTON was born on Dec 03, 1888 in Trigg County. She was the daughter
of the late RUBIN KIRBY AND HARRIETT LADD KIRBY IRVIN.

MRS WHARTON was a homemaker and a member of the Rock Ridge Baptist Church in
Trigg County.

In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband,
CLEVELAND WHARTON in 1979 and a son RUBIN WHARTON in 1990.

Survivors include a son, JAMES WHARTON of Toledo, Ohio; three daughrers,
EVELYN LANDER of Princeton, ETTA HUGHES of Indianapolis, In; and ALTAVIA
MAYES of Evansville, In; a sister ELIZABETH ROACH of Las Vegas, Nev; 17
grandchildren; 29 great grandchildren and 11 great great grandchildren.

Not only is it unusual for someone to live this long but she has a sister
still living also.

I looked in my PAF and the only HARRIET LADD I have was born in 1814 and
married a Sanders. Does anyone have this family in their data files. I
also have KIRBY'S... but I can't connect Rubin Kirby....

Betty Sellers

This thread: