LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0881991243

From: "Marion Donaldson" <>
Subject: Re: SNAKE STORY
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 97 21:34:03 PST

You may have to eventually publish these snake stories JUST KIDDING! . Speaking of that,Betty, I wonder about present status reptiles LBL,was told that some very large ones have been seen.The person who told me worked in the area. Of course when I am there I crash through all that underbrush as if I did not care, but sometimes have boots etc. Snakes are not my favorite subject and send this only to you,I hope.Marion

----------

> August 1897
> From the Cadiz Telephone
> At her home near Pilgrim's Rest last Thursday, MRS. C.A. BUSH, with bucket
> in hand, started for water. On the way she came in contact with a huge
> copperhead snake. Being a practical minded, brave young woman, she seized a
> club and speedily dispatched the reptile. It measured six inched in
> circumfrence and five feet four inches in length. Suspecting the present of
> others, after a brief search, she discovered a den of 27 young copperheads.
> They were from 13 to 15 inches long. They met the fate of the first. In

> all, 28 reptiles less.
> Betty Sellers
>

> Betty Sellers

This thread: