LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0882052805

From: "Marion Donaldson" <>
Subject: Mystery Letter
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 97 14:40:05 PST

Have in my possession the following letter(was kept loose in Savells Bible),appearts during reconstruction era and I have always wondered if there is a hidden message in it or if it is simply as written.

"The Sallie Comey"
July 20,1877

Peter Gardner,Esq

Uncle Peter,

Stanley and I have chartered the "Comey" and want to make bread and meat. We will need the assistance of all who are our friends and well wishers. Now is the pinch of the game and now is the time to assist us. Please hand the enclosed time table to Mr. Bogard at Golden Pond and pull for us for we need it.

Yours Truly,

Lewis Pell

My note--1880 cencus Goldern Pond # 230 Peter W. Gardner 69 V,PA,Ireland
Evaline 61 NC,NC,NC

Marion

This thread: