LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0882771016

From: "J. Donald Franklin" <>
Subject: RE: Pollard
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 22:10:16 -0800

Hi, Kathy:

Thanks for your note. As I read everybody's messages from back in Kentucky I'm getting a little homesick for Kentucky, especially around Christmas time.

Happy Holidays Everybody!

My information on Dr. Charles Pollard (b. 1873) is as follows:

He married Mallie Groom in 1897 and is the son of Wilson L. Pollard, Jr., and Martha J. White.

My direct ancestor is Nannie Elizabeth Pollard (1857-1935) who was a sister of Wilson L. Pollard, Jr., the father of Dr. Charles Pollard. Nannie was born in Caldwell Co. in 1857 and married Loyd Lee McConnell in 1874.

So in answer to your question it looks like I'm related to Dr. Charles Pollard. Are you descended from his branch of the family?

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Don Franklin (way out in Southern California!)