LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0882795854

From: "van" <>
Subject: Re: Pollard
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 07:04:14 -0600

Hey, Don. What Franklins are you related to in Caldwell county? No
relationship myself, just think the world of Reed and Joyce Franklin and
his family. Marjorie Yandell, Fredonia

----------
> From: J. Donald Franklin <>
> To: ''
> Cc: ''
> Subject: RE: Pollard
> Date: Monday, December 22, 1997 12:10 AM
>
> Hi, Kathy:
>
> Thanks for your note. As I read everybody's messages from back in
Kentucky I'm getting a little homesick for Kentucky, especially around
Christmas time.

> Happy Holidays Everybody!
>
> My information on Dr. Charles Pollard (b. 1873) is as follows:
>
> He married Mallie Groom in 1897 and is the son of Wilson L. Pollard, Jr.,
and Martha J. White.

> My direct ancestor is Nannie Elizabeth Pollard (1857-1935) who was a
sister of Wilson L. Pollard, Jr., the father of Dr. Charles Pollard.
Nannie was born in Caldwell Co. in 1857 and married Loyd Lee McConnell in
1874.

> So in answer to your question it looks like I'm related to Dr. Charles
Pollard. Are you descended from his branch of the family?

> I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.
>

> Don Franklin (way out in Southern California!)

This thread: