LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0883246209

From: "Willis P. Oliver" <>
Subject: HOLLAND-PAR(R)ENT family
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 12:10:09 -0600

I would like to correspond with any descendents of John HOLLAND and
Catherine PARENT who were married 23 Sept 1818 in Caldwell County. I don't
know who John's parents were but Catherine was a daughter of David and
Nancy (CONWAY) PARENT of Caldwell County. It appears to me from various
records that by the early-to-mid 1830s, John had moved his family to what
became Marshall Co. and his mother-in-law was living in the household. Some
believe that Catherine had died in childbirth and that her mother had come
to care for the other children. Nancy PARENT was listed twice in the 1850
Marshall Co. census in HOLLAND households, and died there a little later.
She is buried near Benton.

Several PARENT descendents are attempting to reconstruct the extended
family of David and Nancy (CONWAY) PARENT. Currently I am working on this
HOLLAND branch but without much luck. Can anyone help, or perhaps point me
toward someone who knows of this family?

Thanks,

Pat

Pat Oliver (Willis P. Oliver)

* *
* Visit these Western Kentucky GENWEB Pages: *
* *
* http://fly.hiwaay.net/~woliver/caldwell.html *
* http://fly.hiwaay.net/~woliver/crittenden.html *
* http://fly.hiwaay.net/~woliver/hickman.html *