LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0883327875

From: "Jean Smallwood" <>
Subject: Will of David F. BIGHAM - Lyon Co
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 10:51:15 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01BD137E.85476E60

Know all men by these present that I David F. BIGHAM being of sound mind =
and knowing the uncertainty of human life do hereby make ordain and =
publish this my last Will and testament as follows, 1st, I will and =
desire that all my just debts be all paid and for that purpose I desire =
that all my personal property except the portion allowed by law to the =
widow be sold and if any thing remains of the proceeds after the payment =
of my debt I desire that it shall be equally divided among my heirs as =
they are entitled thereto. 2nd I will and bequeath to my beloved wife =
Polly Ann BIGHAM the tract of land on which I now live during her =
natural life and at her death I will and bequeath the said land to my =
two sons James M. BIGHAM and William C. BIGHAM. 3RD, As I have hereby =
willed my land to my two sons at the death of their Mother, It is my =
will that they shall give to my two grandsons James Harrison BIGHAM and =
James W_____ a good horse saddle and bridle each when they _______ =
arrive at the age of Twenty one years and shall also send them to school =
sufficiently to give them a common english education. In testimony where =
I have hereunto set my hand and seal this the 28th day of April 1858. D =
. F. BIGHAM (seal)

Test Marcus M. TYLER, William C. NOEL.=20

State of Kentucky, Lyon County: I Marcus M. TYLER clerk of the County =
Court for the County and state aforesaid do certify that at a County =
Court being and held for said county on Monday the 27th day of September =
1858 the foregoing instrument of writing purporting to be the last will =
and testament of David F. BIGHAM Deceased, was produced in court and =
proven by the oath of Wm C. NOEL one of the subscribing witnesses =
thereto, whereupon it is considered by the Court to be the last will and =
testament of said BIGHAM and ordered to recorded as such Whereupon I =
have truly received the same together with this certificate in my =
office, given under my hand this (not given) day of (not given) 1858 =
Ro_b. CO_B DC for Marcus M. TYLER Clk Lyon County Court

Jean Smallwood
E-Mail:
Home Page: http://www.netcom.com/~jeansmal/genhome.html

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01BD137E.85476E60

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>
<P>Know all men by these present that I <B>David F</B>. <B>BIGHAM</B> =
being of=20
sound mind and knowing the uncertainty of human life do hereby make =
ordain and=20
publish this my last Will and testament as follows, 1<SUP>st</SUP>, I =
will and=20
desire that all my just debts be all paid and for that purpose I desire =
that all=20
my personal property except the portion allowed by law to the widow be =
sold and=20
if any thing remains of the proceeds after the payment of my debt I =
desire that=20
it shall be equally divided among my heirs as they are entitled thereto. =

2<SUP>nd</SUP> I will and bequeath to my beloved wife <B>Polly Ann =
BIGHAM</B>=20
the tract of land on which I now live during her natural life and at her =
death I=20
will and bequeath the said land to my two sons <B>James M. BIGHAM</B> =
and=20
<B>William C.</B> <B>BIGHAM</B>. 3<SUP>RD</SUP>, As I have hereby willed =
my land=20
to my two sons at the death of their Mother, It is my will that they =
shall give=20
to my two grandsons <B>James Harrison BIGHAM</B> and <B>James W_____</B> =
a good=20
horse saddle and bridle each when they _______ arrive at the age of =
Twenty one=20
years and shall also send them to school sufficiently to give them a =
common=20
english education. In testimony where I have hereunto set my hand and =
seal this=20
the 28<SUP>th</SUP> day of April 1858. <B>D . F. BIGHAM</B> (seal)</P>
<P>Test <B>Marcus M. TYLER</B>, <B>William C. NOEL</B>. </P>
<P>State of Kentucky, Lyon County: I <B>Marcus M. TYLER</B> clerk of the =
County=20
Court for the County and state aforesaid do certify that at a County =
Court being=20
and held for said county on Monday the 27<SUP>th</SUP> day of September =
1858 the=20
foregoing instrument of writing purporting to be the last will and =
testament of=20
<B>David F. BIGHAM</B> Deceased, was produced in court and proven by the =
oath of=20
<B>Wm C. NOEL</B> one of the subscribing witnesses thereto, whereupon it =
is=20
considered by the Court to be the last will and testament of said =
<B>BIGHAM</B>=20
and ordered to recorded as such Whereupon I have truly received the same =

together with this certificate in my office, given under my hand this =
(not=20
given) day of (not given) 1858 <B>Ro_b. CO_B</B> DC for <B>Marcus M. =
TYLER</B>=20
Clk Lyon County Court</FONT></P></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Jean Smallwood<BR>E-Mail:&nbsp; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:"></A><BR>Home=
=20
Page:&nbsp; <A=20
href=3D"http://www.netcom.com/~jeansmal/genhome.html">http://www.netcom.c=
om/~jeansmal/genhome.html</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01BD137E.85476E60--

This thread: