LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0883338313

From: "Jean Smallwood" <>
Subject: Will of David DOOM - Lyon Co, KY
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 13:45:13 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BD1396.D2713AA0

I David DOOM of the County of Lyon & State of Kentucky hereby make and =
publish my last will and testament I wish my wife Charlotte DOOM to have =
the use during her life time of such of my negroes as she may select not =
exceeding one third in value of all my slaves. Naples and her children =
excepted. I also wish my said wife to have the use during her lifetime =
of two hundred acres of land where I now reside to be so laid off in =
convenient form as to include all the buildings belonging to the house =
farm including not less than fifty acres of cleared land and not less =
than twenty five acres of woodland. I also wish my wife to retain for =
her use during her life time as much of the household and kitchen =
furniture live stock farming utensils and provisions on hand as she may =
desire to keep. The residue of my lands personal property and negroes =
Naples & her children excepted. I wish my executors as whoever may have =
charge of my estate to sell at public sale to the highest bidder =
immediately after my death and the property that I hereby set apart for =
the use of my said wife during her life. I also wish sold in the same =
manner by my executors or whoever may have charge of my estate =
immediately after her death and in the event of said wife dying dying =
before I do all my property to be sold in the way and manner here in =
before directed. A suit has been instituted against me in the Lyon =
Circuit Court by John B. EADS and others for the recovery of my Negroes =
Naples and her children & in the event of that suit being ultimately =
determined in my favor I wish her & her children also sold in the same =
way and manner as I have herein directed in relation to my other =
property. I hereby authorized my executors or whoever may be appointed =
to execute this will or take charge of my estate to execute such needs =
as may be necessary to convey my land to the purchaser. I wish my =
executors to collect all money that may be due. I wish all my debts and =
all charges against my estate paid. I wish my daughter Barbara to have =
ten dollars and no more & in the event of her death her children to have =
that sum & no more And the residue of my estate I wish equally divided =
between my children Jacob DOOM, Nancy BOUGHTER, John DOOM, Benjamin =
DOOM, Hannah WALKER, Alfred DOOM, Henry DOOM, Harriet WILLIAMS, David =
DOOM, Columbus DOOM and the children of my deceased son Nathaniel DOOM =
one eleventh of said residue to be equally divided between the said =
children of Nathaniel DOOM, deceased. Should any of my said last =
mentioned children die leaving children, I wish the portion given to =
such as may so die to be equally divided among their children or if any =
should die without children I wish the portion of any who may so die to =
be equally divided among my surviving children. My daughter Barbara =
excepted. It being my desire to make all my children Barbara excepted =
equal and in the event of the death of any of them leaving children that =
the children of any who may so die shall have the portion that their =
parent would have taken if living. I hereby nominate and appoint my sons =
John DOOM and Benjamin DOOM executors of this my last will and =
testament. Given under my hand this 19th of January 1858. David <X> =
DOOM. Witness: S. MARBLE, Robt. L. COBB, W. C. NOEL, P. D. GEISER, G. O. =
GEISER, J. B. EVANS

State of Kentucky Lyon County: I A. H. DUDLEY clerk of the county court =
for the County aforesaid do certify that a County court being held for =
the said county on Monday the 27 day of June 1859 the foregoing =
instrument of writing purporting to be the last will and testament of =
David DOOM decd was produced in open court and proved by the oaths of =
Robt L. COBB, P. D. GEISER, & Geo O. GEISER three of the subscribing =
witnesses thereto. It is ordered that the said be recorded as the last =
will & testament of David DOOM Decd whereupon I have truly recorded the =
same with this certificate in my office. Given under my hand this 6 day =
of August 1859. A. H. DUDLEY clerk.

Jean Smallwood
E-Mail:
Home Page: http://www.netcom.com/~jeansmal/genhome.html

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BD1396.D2713AA0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Courier New" size=3D2>
<P>I <B>David DOOM</B> of the County of Lyon & State of Kentucky =
hereby make=20
and publish my last will and testament I wish my wife <B>Charlotte =
DOOM</B> to=20
have the use during her life time of such of my negroes as she may =
select not=20
exceeding one third in value of all my slaves. <B>Naples</B> and her =
children=20
excepted. I also wish my said wife to have the use during her lifetime =
of two=20
hundred acres of land where I now reside to be so laid off in convenient =
form as=20
to include all the buildings belonging to the house farm including not =
less than=20
fifty acres of cleared land and not less than twenty five acres of =
woodland. I=20
also wish my wife to retain for her use during her life time as much of =
the=20
household and kitchen furniture live stock farming utensils and =
provisions on=20
hand as she may desire to keep. The residue of my lands personal =
property and=20
negroes <B>Naples</B> & her children excepted. I wish my executors =
as=20
whoever may have charge of my estate to sell at public sale to the =
highest=20
bidder immediately after my death and the property that I hereby set =
apart for=20
the use of my said wife during her life. I also wish sold in the same =
manner by=20
my executors or whoever may have charge of my estate immediately after =
her death=20
and in the event of said wife dying dying before I do all my property to =
be sold=20
in the way and manner here in before directed. A suit has been =
instituted=20
against me in the Lyon Circuit Court by <B>John B. EADS </B>and others =
for the=20
recovery of my Negroes <B>Naples</B> and her children & in the event =
of that=20
suit being ultimately determined in my favor I wish her & her =
children also=20
sold in the same way and manner as I have herein directed in relation to =
my=20
other property. I hereby authorized my executors or whoever may be =
appointed to=20
execute this will or take charge of my estate to execute such needs as =
may be=20
necessary to convey my land to the purchaser. I wish my executors to =
collect all=20
money that may be due. I wish all my debts and all charges against my =
estate=20
paid. I wish my daughter <B>Barbara</B> to have ten dollars and no more =
& in=20
the event of her death her children to have that sum & no more And =
the=20
residue of my estate I wish equally divided between my children <B>Jacob =

DOOM</B>, <B>Nancy</B> <B>BOUGHTER</B>, <B>John DOOM</B>, =
<B>Benjamin</B>=20
<B>DOOM</B>, <B>Hannah WALKER</B>, <B>Alfred DOOM</B>, <B>Henry =
DOOM</B>,=20
<B>Harriet WILLIAMS</B>, <B>David DOOM</B>, <B>Columbus DOOM</B> and the =

children of my deceased son <B>Nathaniel DOOM</B> one eleventh of said =
residue=20
to be equally divided between the said children of <B>Nathaniel =
DOOM</B>,=20
deceased. Should any of my said last mentioned children die leaving =
children, I=20
wish the portion given to such as may so die to be equally divided among =
their=20
children or if any should die without children I wish the portion of any =
who may=20
so die to be equally divided among my surviving children. My daughter=20
<B>Barbara</B> excepted. It being my desire to make all my children=20
<B>Barbara</B> excepted equal and in the event of the death of any of =
them=20
leaving children that the children of any who may so die shall have the =
portion=20
that their parent would have taken if living. I hereby nominate and =
appoint my=20
sons <B>John DOOM</B> and <B>Benjamin DOOM</B> executors of this my last =
will=20
and testament. Given under my hand this 19<SUP>th</SUP> of January 1858. =

<B>David</B> <X> <B>DOOM</B>. Witness: <B>S</B>. <B>MARBLE</B>, =
<B>Robt.=20
L. COBB</B>, <B>W. C. NOEL</B>, <B>P. D. GEISER</B>, <B>G. O. =
GEISER</B>, <B>J.=20
B. EVANS</P></B>
<P>State of Kentucky Lyon County: I <B>A. H. DUDLEY</B> clerk of the =
county=20
court for the County aforesaid do certify that a County court being held =
for the=20
said county on Monday the 27 day of June 1859 the foregoing instrument =
of=20
writing purporting to be the last will and testament of <B>David =
DOOM</B> decd=20
was produced in open court and proved by the oaths of <B>Robt L. =
COBB</B>, <B>P.=20
D. GEISER</B>, & <B>Geo O. GEISER</B> three of the subscribing =
witnesses=20
thereto. It is ordered that the said be recorded as the last will &=20
testament of <B>David DOOM</B> Decd whereupon I have truly recorded the =
same=20
with this certificate in my office. Given under my hand this 6 day of =
August=20
1859. <B>A. H. DUDLEY</B> clerk.</FONT></P></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Jean Smallwood<BR>E-Mail:&nbsp; <A=20
href=3D"mailto:"></A><BR>Home=
=20
Page:&nbsp; <A=20
href=3D"http://www.netcom.com/~jeansmal/genhome.html">http://www.netcom.c=
om/~jeansmal/genhome.html</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BD1396.D2713AA0--

This thread: