LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0883346828

From: "Willis P. Oliver" <>
Subject: Re: HOLLAND-PAR(R)ENT family
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 16:07:08 -0600

>In searching my line of Hollands,Basil Holland whose children intermarried
>with my Wilsons,were from Donaldson Creek community, have the impression
>there was another Holland family from north part of Trigg plus one"
>between the rivers". This you may already know but since your ancestor
>buried at Benton, I would look at the ones between the rivers.Good
>searching. Marion Donaldson(in Tx)

Greetings, Marion, and thank you for responding to my note. Creation of new
counties over time and changes in county lines makes it a little difficult
to be precise as to where the different families lived. One thing that
didn't change with time were the watersheds on which landowners resided.
From about 1800 through ca 1830, there were (at least) two Holland men,
William and John, who owned land on the Dry Fork of Eddy Creek in Caldwell
County. Today, the Dry Fork watershed lies almost entirely within Lyon
County but of course, before 1854, it was included in Caldwell Co. It is
adjacent to the north part of Trigg and it is possible that it extends into
Trigg. So, there was at least one cluster of seemingly related Holland men
located near the Caldwell-Trigg line early on. Unfortunately, most of what
little Holland information I've obtained from source materials is pre 1830
so I'm having great difficulty sorting out which men belonged to what
family.

I am most curious about your Basil Holland. Was he the Basil Holland
(presumably) from SC who was married to a daughter of John George by the
1813 era (see Caldwell County Court records)? If so, his brother-in-law
Andrew George as well as other related families were all well represented
on Dry Fork in that period. Many of these families moved to AL beginning in
1818.

Can you share any details regarding your Basil Holland?

Pat Oliver

Pat Oliver

This thread: