LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0883355662

From: "Jo Huddleston" <>
Subject: A little advice, please...
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 19:34:22 -0500

Hello all, sorry if you're receiving duplicates of this, but I'd like to
ask for a little genealogical advice. I've been researching for fourteen
years, but just got on the Internet and really started making connections
around the country this year. I've recently met several "professional"
researchers who are working their own families and publishing books about
them. I'd love to trade info with them, but these two in particular are
being a bit pushy about how I should get my data in right away in order to
share it with others. I confess I'm suspicious whenever someone wants to
see my research "for the good of others." Maybe I'm being too cautious,
but can anyone suggest some guidelines of protocol when it comes to dealing
with people you know will probably turn around and publish your research?
Thanks for any help you can provide, and hope everyone had a great holiday!
-Jo

This thread: