LBL-L Archives

Archiver > LBL > 1997-12 > 0883546689

From: Sharon Felkre< >
Subject: Re: West KY surnames
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 21:38:09 -0800

>At 07:40 AM 12/30/97 -0800, you wrote:
>>Saw a BAYNE post so I thought I'd better post my similar surname. I have
>>Louisa Jane Baynes born about 1824 in Livingston Co KY. She married Demby
>>Mizell and had children: Mary Jane b 1846, Martha Jane b July 1849, John M.
>>b abt 1854, Kitty Gray b Jan 1857, Demby b Sept 1861. Kitty married Joseph
>>GRACE, son of Solomon GRACE and Mary Ann COWGILL. I would love to
>>correspond with any researchers of these KY names.
>>
>>Also Kentucky names: MORRIS, YANDELL, KEYS, LYTTON, LITTON, BABB, HIGGS,
>>STEPHENSON, MCBRIDE
>>
>>I'm Sharon in So IL
>>
>Are you related to in of the Stephensons/Stevensons in Caldwell, Livingston
>counties?
>
>James Stephenson

Ok here's what I got, maybe, not everything proved.

I have a William Stephenson who died abt 1819 in Livingston Co KY. He was
married to Jane Unknown, they had at least one child, Mary Stephenson, who
was still alive when her father died. She married Unknown MORRIS. After
Unknown MORRIS died, she married Robert B. Reed. Unknown MORRIS and Mary
had at least one child, Alfred Morris who died about 1850, Alfred married
Elizabeth HIGGS . James H. Morris b 1824 in Livingston Co, he moved to
Massac Co IL before 1850 and married Lucinda Little, who was a decendent of
William COPELAND.

I'll cross my fingers, but I don't think I'll ever find out any more on Mary
and good ole Unknown Morris. I have a copy of an old bio book that says
Unknown Morris was a "compatriot" of Daniel Boone.

Thanks for your interest. Please let me know if you see anything that fit
into your STEPENSON line. Thanks a great deal. I'm Sharon in So IL

This thread: