LDS-WARD-CONSULTANT-L Archives

Archiver > LDS-WARD-CONSULTANT > 2009-01 > 1233061290

From: "Nancy Scott" <>
Subject: Re: [LDS-WC] Sources/checking routine
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 08:01:30 -0500

The schedule for digitizing the church records at the Granite Mountain is 5
years according to Steve Brey, our Area Family History Manager from the Salt
Lake City Library, who spoke at a FH conference this past October held in
Kentucky. That will be wonderful news in regards to lag time in searching,
funding the transportation of films, and ability to search most
productively.

As it is, if you go to the library catalog and search for a film number,
there will be some sort of red bar come across the screen and if this is the
case you can look at the film online at that very moment. I have not been
so lucky to have had the ones I am searching appear but I keep checking
before ordering the films anyway.

Nancy Scott
Cincinnati, Ohio