LDS-WARD-CONSULTANT-L Archives

Archiver > LDS-WARD-CONSULTANT > 2010-02 > 1267299567

Subject: [LDS-WC] Place information
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:39:27 EST

I had a frustrating experience with several entries which "needs more
information" in order to be processed. These were christening
entries...actually extraction entries which I have found fit into a family tree I am
working on. The baptisms and endowments are complete, but they need sealing to
parents. The full information is given in the christening: parents, date
and place. In the birth field, only the date is listed.

The original record undoubtedly did not show the exact place of birth and
so it was not included in the extraction. If I changed the birthplace to
the same as the christening location, NFS allows me to clear the name for
ordinances.

This is a glitch as many christening records (which are certainly the only
records in many places) will say something like....today I baptized John,
born yesterday. Some may give a date and in some English records may give
a date several years before the christening, depending on the customs.

I have to guess the birthplace of individuals (we are talking early
1800's). This isn't truly accurate, nor should the criteria be so tight when the
christening locality is given.

Heads up, Salt Lake...this is a challenge.

Michele

This thread: