LEATHERWOOD-L Archives

Archiver > LEATHERWOOD > 2003-08 > 1062262209

From: Shari Holcomb <>
Subject: has anyone worked on the leatherwood dotson?
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 09:50:13 -0700 (PDT)

This is from an email sent to me as I am trying to help with the leatherwood Dotson connection and maybe find something on Caroline Dotson Leatherwood..
Those of you looking for the cherokee on the Betsy walker, did you already have this?

Hi- I need help! Today I received the copy of John Rudledge Dotson's
1907 Guion Miller application-

He is my grandfather Lee's brother- This
app shows more info - Mary Avaline Mcfalls is daughter of Arthur McFalls and her sibings were Arthur, Wm, Merit, Sam, and Nick- It says they all were from Haywood Cty and resided there in 1851- It also shows Nancy is wife of Jacob Kyle Dotson so Sarah E Ferguson married him in 1840... Nancy came before her with Children David or Davis , Thomas and John as well as Jacob Chyle b 1838- Witneses to this application knowing him over 20 yrs were W A Lundy and D R Nolan both of Haywood cty nc- I am hoping these men may also be related- Help me find out who Nancy is!

sharon

Yes, We have covered this ground many times before but now I have asworn statement ! I do think Emzie Hollyfield is the right grandmother for she was b 1814 was last old Arthur's wife and I'm just trying to findNancy Dotson married to JK Dotson abt 1830 til 1839 as Mother instead of Sarah E Ferguson-

On the Leatherwods, John Rudledge Dotson writes BetsyWalker was a full blood Cherokee Indian on the roll in 1835(as Ican't read her name but it is not "Quaty") looks like elledyear? Itdidn't say what roll she was on but he was denied reservation entrance in 1910---sharon