LEAVERS-L Archives

Archiver > LEAVERS > 2007-07 > 1185308182

From: Jackie Leevers <>
Subject: LEAVERS Lace Machine
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:16:22 +0100

Trevor,

It's the LEEVERS/LEAVERS connection that I'm interested in, my
husband's family.
We've heard that there is a LEAVERS lace-making machine. The story
goes that a Nottinghamshire Quaker, John LEAVERS, invented a lace-
making machine in 1812 that he believed would make people's lives
much easier and he developed it for the greater good. He consequently
didn't make a penny out of it.
Does anyone know which family/person this might relate to? I've not
yet found a connection with the maker, though managed to trace
LEEVERS family back to Notts.

Jack
Mrs Jackie Leevers

This thread: