LEE-L Archives

Archiver > LEE > 2003-06 > 1055544488

From: "Marsha Hamilton" <>
Subject: [LEE] Sgt. William Lee tid-bits of Kentucky
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 18:48:08 -0400

I am sending the following to the list in the event it might be helpful to someone/ It is information I have gathered myself over the years in researching my LEE family.

Marsha Hamilton
Campbellsville, Taylor Co., KY
This is what I have on this line..

Information of Drusilla Staple and William Lee's death and birth from
Bridgewater Family Bible Records donated by Don J. Henley of Port Arthur,
TX, in Green Co., Library, Says Wm Lee was b Jan 25 instead of Jan 24th,
1754.........Nathan Bridgewater was married to Wm and Drusilla's daughter,
Nancy
Richard Lee b abt 1730-35 md Mary Gresham (first) and had my
ancestor.....SGT. WILLIAM LEE b January 24, 1754 md DRUSILLA STAPLES

These are the proven children but I there could be more I just have not
found them.
(1) MY ANCESTOR...SARAH (SALLY) C. LEE b June 7, 1807 md WM. E. GAINES b
OCT 11, 1812

(2) MARY POLLY M.E. LEE b Jan 10, 1784 md WM VAUGHN

(3) SAMUEL GRESHAM LEE b May 12, 1786 md MARGARET MITHCELL

(4) WILLIAM LEE, JR b Feb. 17, 1789

(5) NANCY LEE b Oct 25, 1791 md NATHAN BRIDGEWATER

(6) JACKIN LEE b Feb 2, 1794 md Elizabeth T.COOK

(7) ROBERT PATTERSON LEE b April 6, 1797 md PARMELIA SCOTT ATKINSON

(8) HENRY GRESHAM LEE

(9) BETSY LEE b Sept 23, 1799 md CHARLES REYNOLDS

(10) GRESHAM LEE b July 30, 1802 md SELINA A. RICHARDSON

(11) PHOEBE WATKINS LEE b Jun 7, 1807 md FOUCHEE TIBBS
FOR RICHARD LEE and ELIZABETH MILLER I have these children........this is
not my reseach and I do not know if these are correct.
(1) RICHARD LEE,
(2) MILLER LEE
(3) JOHN LEE
(4) BARNETT LEE
(5) AGNES LEE
(6) AUTHUR LEE
(7) STEHEN LEE.
I have not reseached the children of Elizabeth Miller so this is given only
as a reference to research......

The father of Drusilla Staples was SAMUEL STAPLES
SAMUEL STAPLES owned land that bordered RICHARD and GRESHAM LEE

GRESHAM LEE named a son SAMUEL LEE and a son GUY SAMUEL LEE.

GREEN CO., KY DEEDS

Db. 6, pg 23, Oct 7, 1807
James Lynn and wife, Hannah, of Ohio Co., KY to William Lee of Green Co., KY
20 pounds........42 acres........land that Lynn bought of Walte Beall and
sold to widow Cook.

Db. 6, pg 43, Aug 12, 1809
William Lee and wife, Drusilla to James Carlile and James H. Carlile 5
schillings....part of Walter Beall's claim....bottom of Meadow
Creek.......Cook's formally Linn's surbey...Grundy

Db. 6, pg 126, Oct 20, 1810
Joseph McGonegal to William Lee ..........$800.....Meadow Creek of Green
River.......Beall's line at corner of lot 2 sold to John Moore....150 ac.
2nd tract....Meadow Vk. at corner of Lot 1 to corner of lot 2

Db 7, pg 317, July 22, 1816
William Woolridge by John Barett, Co, clerk of Green Co., to Samuel
Lee......Wooldridge is bound to Samuel Lee until he is 21...Wooldridge is
required by faithful apprentice adn Lee is to treat Wooldridge in a faithful
manner and teach him the saddling business....He is to teach him reading,
writing, and cyphering and pay him 3 pounds, 10 shillings & give him a good
suit of clothing at the end of the term.

Db 8, pg 273, Mar 2, 1818
Felix Grundy adn wife, Nancy of Nashville, TN....to Wm
Lee......$100......tract on SW corner of tract that John Rodgers, Sr., lives
on, containing 44 acres...Lee's SE corner.....Wit: George Edrington, Betsy
Talifaro, Thomas Burns, John Rodgers, Jr.

Db 8, pg 310 May 26, 1818
Joshua Lee and wife, Elizabeth to Joshua Lee, Jr. of Jefferson Co., KY
love and affection that we bear our son.....tract on Green
River......entered , surveyed and pattented in the name of Joseph
Blanc...Phillips.......250 acres

Db. 9, pg 268, Dec 16, 1819
James Black, Jerry Black, John Black, Thomas Black, John Jackson, Stephen
Jones and Wm Biggerstaff all of Cumberland Co., KY to Moses Lee......330
acres adjoining the lands where Lee now lives....Sameul Phillips and Aaron
Biggerstaff, wits

Db 9, pg 371, Apr 1820
Thomas Robinson of Green, to Wm P. Mortimore Lee of Jefferson Co.
$450...tract in Green Co., adjoining
out lotts of Greensburgh whichwas deeded to me by Thomas Dills adn wife on
Apr 9, 1819 west side of the Great Road leading from Greensburg to
Lexington........

NELSON CO., KY DEEDS

Deed Book 8,
Page 10, Nelson Co., KY

April 3, 1803 Articles of Agreement between Mosses Harrel Sr. of Nelson
Co., and Wm Dotson of same county

Deed Book "8",
Page 262, Nelson Co., KY
October 28, 1806 Walter Beal & wife Rebecca, of Nelson Co., Ky to William
Lee of Green Co., Ky ........300 acres near Glover Station in Green Co., Ky.