LEE-L Archives

Archiver > LEE > 2003-11 > 1069247340

Subject: [LEE] JOHN LEE, ESQUIRE OF JOHNSTON COUNTY, NC
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:09:00 EST

Beginning with the book, John Lee, Esquire of Johnston County, North Carolina
and Some of His Descendants, I made contact with those of the living
compilers and became a research cohort of Lazelle Parsons Long. At the time, I
believed that my line descended from John Lee, Esq. through his son, Robert Lee,
which was subsequently confirmed in our research, resulting in the booklet,
Robert and Godfrey Lee, privately published in 1979. My line runs:
JOHN LEE, SR/ESQ b. c1690-1700 m. Mary _____ (poss.
Bryan). Positively identified in Johnston Co., NC
ROBERT LEE (named in John Lee's will) m. Elizabeth___
GODFREY LEE m. Elizabeth dau/o John Stevens of
Johnston Co., NC. Godfrey admin. of estate of
Robert Lee, Dec'd., 1789.
NEEDHAM LEE, SR., b. c1786 SC m1 (Lydia) Pryor; m2
Sarah A. Sloan. Descent through dau. of Robert
Pryor proved by his will, though dau's name is
traditional (Lydia) as she pre-deceased her father.
NEEDHAM LEE, JR. b. Aug. 23, 1813, Briar Creek,
Jefferson Co., GA, d. Feb 24, 1837 Barbour Co., AL.
m. Emaline, daughter of Elvey Lewis of Barbour Co
AL, previously of Gates Co., NC.
LOVARD LYCURGUS LEE, SR. (Capt. CSA) b. July 13,
1842 Barbour Co., AL, d. Jan 15, 1915 Thorndale,
TX; m. Mary Susan (nee Gunter) Grubbs, widow of
Samuel Jackson Grubbs of Barbour Co.
LOVARD LYCURGUS LEE, JR., M.D. b. Aug. 26, 1877 San
Gabriel, TX, d. July 4, 1936 San Antonio, TX m.
Katherine Isabelle Kimbrough ("Katie") - 4 ch.
KATIE BELLE (nee LEE) WRAGE BROWN b. Apr 1, 1908,
d. Jan. 20, 2002 New Braunfels, TX, m. Louis A.
Wrage.
KAY WRAGE GUNN - myself.

I URGE ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE AN ELIGIBLE MALE IN YOUR DIRECT LINE OF LEE
DESCENT, BEARING THE SURNAME LEE & WILLING TO PARTICIPATE, TO JOIN IN THE DNA
TESTING BEING DONE TO AMALGAMATE LEE LINES. IF INTERESTED, EMAIL
"" FOR PARTICULARS.

This thread: