LEGGETT-L Archives

Archiver > LEGGETT > 2004-01 > 1074406974

From: "Pam and Randy" <>
Subject: Re: [LEGGETT] Elbert and Maggie Lou Leggett in Meadville, Franklin Co., MS
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:26:43 -0800

Absolum Leggett i think homestead in Franklin county ms. He lived in Pike
co.ms,& ,Hinds co.ms,& Adams co.ms.There is a will in Hinds co. to an
Absolum Leggett not sure if its the same in one but it was in the old
courthouse at Raymond i have seen it along with some other Leggett info in
Raymond CoutrhouseHe also owned land in Copiah Co.If i remember correctly
he died in the 1820's in Hinds co.Not sure where he is buried.Daniel leggett
died in1874 in copiah co and his will is listed and probated cause he
married the widow if Parker Carradine of Warren Co who was a early spanish
settler in the early section of Ms in Jefferson and warren co ms.He died and
she married Daniel in 1855i think going from memory but i have all the
marriage records of that somewhere here.Parker Carradine was a very welthy
farmer and plantationowner in the early 1700 in the spanish and french and
british territories in early ms. All this is on record in the Courthouse In
Hazlehurst Copiah Co and every year Daniels 2 wife Mrs Carradine had to go
before the court to get money from her 1st husbands estate for the Carradine
children.Daniel was a Methodist Minister as well as his Father LLewelyn
Leggett