Archiver > LEICESTERSHIRE-PLUS > 2008-10 > 1224416036

From: "Andrew Wood" <>
Subject: [LEI] Jaques
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 12:33:56 +0100

Many thanks, Jilly and Marilyn.

Marilyn, I have the indexes, together with all the details of Sarah & William and their children; unfortunately, their son, Robert, died when he was three years of age, William also died at around the same time. Had it been my Robert I'd have been able to go back three more generations in Thorpe Malsor, I really thought I'd found him, just one of many disappointments of the genealogist.

Jilly, Do you have these: Robert Jakes, baptised at Ryhall, Rutland 07/12/1772, son of John of John & Ann Jakes?
Also, Robert Jaques, 17/11/1766 at Long Whatton, Leicestershire, son of John Jaques and Ann Boot? Either one of these could be mine, particularly the first but the 1766 baptism does not fit.

"As another Jaques "watcher with interest" I dont have Robert but a fair few from Coleorton - down the Zachary line. Will keep an eye out for Robert"

"Andrew - there is a baptism in Thorpe Malsor that would fit.
It is in the new baptism index.

Robert JAQUES s William Sarah 1773 13-Jun
Thorpe Malsor C of E

"Hi list
I've been following this thread with some interest.

I have a Robert Jaques, who was married in Cransley, Northamptonshire, in 1796.

I've never been able to locate his origins in Northamptonshire and I'm
wondering if
he was born in Leicestershire. Does anyone have a Robert Jaques in their
born circa 1773?

Andrew Wood
Stockton on Tees"