LEICESTERSHIRE-PLUS-L Archives

Archiver > LEICESTERSHIRE-PLUS > 2011-02 > 1296995423

From: "Sandra Lewis" <>
Subject: Re: [LEI] Family Search website
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 22:30:23 +1000

Thanks for the useful suggestions.

I understand the new website is still a work in progress and has its faults,
but on the positive side it has burials and is getting new records over time
- I don't think that the old site is getting the new additions.

I compared a few records from both the old and new and found that some (only
the few that I had made note of, so not necessarily all) of the
member-submitted entries from the old site are included in the new site
without anything to distinguish them as member-submitted. This may be
because the indexing projects have caught up to the dates in question and
the entry was correct - I don't know, I'll still treat these as probable but
unproven.

Another thing that I have noticed is that some events have multiple entries
often with different dates (e.g. same marriage, same church on 11th and 21st
Sept; or same event in Oct 1878 and Oct 1877). I also found a few burials
that didn't seem to have a matching death in the right registration
district. This could be explained by a death elsewhere and the body being
returned for burial in "home soil", but the other date errors has me
suspicious.

Although it doesn't seem as reliable as the older version, its still a
useful tool and at least most of my irrelevant "matches" were towards the
end

Sandra

_____