LEICESTERSHIRE-PLUS-L Archives

Archiver > LEICESTERSHIRE-PLUS > 2013-08 > 1376391517

From: "Mike Gould" <>
Subject: Re: [LEI] Toon family of Coleorton, Thringstone, Packington,Swannington
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 11:58:37 +0100

Hi Concetta,

It looks like the Toon/Toone families of Coleorton have a colourful history.
The following is taken from the LRFHS Quarter Sessions Index CD:

On 12 Oct 1723, Joseph & Sarah Toone, with their 6 week old son John, have a
Removal Order served on them to be removed from Ratby to Coleorton (ref
QS3/38/4, film MF50).

On 15 Oct 1791, William Toone, a bondsman of Coleorton, was served with a
Filiation Order. His father is named as John. It is actually called a
B***ardy Order, but I won't spell it out, as some email systems may filter
out the email as containing bad language) (ref QS3/310/4, film MF64)

On 15 Jun 1799, a Filiation Order was raised in connection with Elizabeth
Toone, a single woman of the parish of Coleorton (ref QS3/340/80, film
MF504)

On 04 Oct 1816, a Declaration was made by Elizabeth Toone of Coleorton (ref
QS3/409/6, film MF513). Although there is no further information in the
index, it is likely that it is connected with the following order :
On 23 Nov 1816, a Maintenance Order was raised in connection with Elizabeth
Toone of Coleorton (ref QS3/410/34, film MF513).

On 14 Feb 1820, a Filiation Order was raised in connection with Elizabeth
Toon, a single woman of the parish of Coleorton (ref QS3/429-31/2, film
MF516)
On 08 Apr 1820, a Declaration was made by Elizabeth Toon of Coleorton (ref
QS3/429-31/16, film MF516)

Best wishes,

Mike