LESHER-L Archives

Archiver > LESHER > 2005-06 > 1118061156

Subject: Re: Jacob Lesher m. Maria Elisabeth Stenger, Berks Co. PA
Date: 6 Jun 2005 06:32:36 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/TGw.2ACEB/259.2.1.1

Message Board Post:

I have Jacob's father John Michael as serving in the War of Independence, but no further info. He is not to be confused with the "Oley Forge" Capt/Col. John Lesher who had no male grand children. My records for Oley Forge John are as follow: In the Revolutionary War, John left his farms and forge and enlisted, being attached to Col. Hunter's First Pennsylvania Battalion. Another record has him as a Captain in Colonel John Pattons regiment, 1776, also appointed Commissioner of Supplies for the Continental Army, January 20, 1778. He is listed in the DAR records as having fought in the Revolutionary War.

This thread: