LEWTER-L Archives

Archiver > LEWTER > 2007-10 > 1191669877

From: "john v. burns" <>
Subject: [LEWTER] Lat Will of Thomas Faison
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 07:28:39 -0400

For Cousin Susan and all others researching the Kinchen Lewter lines,

Thomas Faison's Will. In the name of God Amen I Thomas Faison of the County
of Northampton and State of North Carolina being weke in my body but in my
Sound Sense and memory thanks to God for the same do make and ordain this
my Last will and testament, as follows (which) is to say 1 First, I give unto my
beloved Son Sterling Faison two dollars to him and his heir forever. 2 Second.
I give unto my son Richard Faison two dollars to him and his heir forever, 3rd.
Third. I give I my daughter Jincy Lewter all the personal Estate which I give to
her son Pilmon Lewter to she and her heir forever which property is now in the
hands of Kinchen Lewter. 4. Fourth. I give unto my son James Faison all the
lands which I pocess on both sides of Cogroy Swamp supposed to be four
hundred and eighty two acres more or less after my dec'd to him and his heir
forever and as for the balance of my estate both in Doors and out my will and
desire is that my just debts should be paid and the remainder if any should
decend to my son James Faison and his heirs forever and I do hereby
nominate and appoint James Faison my whole and sole Executor to this
my last will and testament in witness whereof I have hereunder set my
hand and fixed my seal this 11th day of November 1824.

Signed, Sealed and delivered in the
presense of us ________ __________
Evtt Stancil & Willoby Hasty (his mark)

Thomas Faison (his mark)

Northampton County December Court 1824. This last will and Testament of
Thomas Faison dec'd was exhibited to this court and proved in due form of
Law by the oaths of Everett Stancill and Willoby Hasty Subscribing witnesses
thereto. Whereupon James Faison the Excr. in said Will named was qualified
as the law directs. Ordered that said will be certified & recorded.

Teste. J.W. Harrison CCC

This thread: