LEWTER-L Archives

Archiver > LEWTER > 2010-06 > 1276485664

From: Susan Rosine <>
Subject: Re: [LEWTER] Lewters and Faisons and Brownings
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 21:21:04 -0600

I found William Browning and wife Martha in Texas in 1900. He states he was born in Tennessee; she states she was born in Alabama. They state they were married in 1894. They have three children; one born in July 1890 and one born in April 1892, both in Tennessee. The last child was born in Alabama in 1896--this boy is named William C. Browning. I'm guessing we have found the widower of Emma. Emma must have died after giving birth to two children. He remarried to Martha and went to Texas. That's my guess anyway.

> Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 20:51:25 -0600
> Subject: Re: [LEWTER] Lewters and Faisons and Brownings
>

> So if W.C. Browning was married to a Martha, we don't actually know her maiden name. It must not be Faison.

>>> Subject: RE: [LEWTER] Lewters and Faisons and Brownings
>>> Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 22:37:46 -0400
>>>
>>> So it seems to me. I've looked through all the old pre 1900 death notices
>>> I have; didn't see one for a Faison (any variant spelling) that might
>>> explain Imogene's concern.
>>>
>>> Ruth

>>> 2. A. Rebecca Swinnea,
>>> 3. Martha P. Swinnea
>>> 4. Eliza Beaman. Eliza Beaman died many years ago leaving:
>>> A. Mary F., wife of Jerry Murphy,
>>> B. Margaret wife of ____Clark,
>>> C. Martha Blanford (widow) and
>>> D. Sarah S. Fitzgerald who died leaving one son, Matthew Blanford