LINDSAY-L Archives

Archiver > LINDSAY > 2003-02 > 1046225582

From: "Ron Edwards" <>
Subject: Re: [LINDSAY] ALVIS, HEZEKIAH - and Documentation, etc.
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:20:13 -0600
References: <5.1.0.14.0.20030222181911.02f93510@mail.digital.net> <004201c2db8d$22e99400$a367becf@HPAuthorizedCustomer> <000d01c2db92$97ab76a0$6401a8c0@mpc2> <009001c2dbae$a8dc5680$a367becf@HPAuthorizedCustomer> <000e01c2dbb8$7f0fc300$6401a8c0@mpc2> <003801c2dbba$f306bbe0$1a67becf@HPAuthorizedCustomer> <001f01c2dbbf$cc92bb80$6401a8c0@mpc2> <000d01c2dc79$bcc55e00$be67becf@HPAuthorizedCustomer> <000501c2dcfe$dcae2780$ec58ca42@computer>

Well, let's see. I have David Lindsey, born 1754 in either Ireland or
Pennsylvania. He married SOMEONE in about 1771in PA. Mrs. Lindsey died
around 1796. They had the following children.
Eliza Jane Lindsey b 2/20/1772, d 12/23/1858
Rebecca Lindsey
Samuel Lindsey d about 1828
Isabella Lindsey b about 1779
Margaret (Peggy) Lindsey b 1782 in Harrison, KY, d in 1875 in Logan, OH
"Early American Marriages": "Atlantic South": "Lindsey, Peggy married
Makerson, John on 2 Oct 1805 in Pendleton County,
KY" Margaret married John MAKEMSON II on 22 Oct 1805 in Pendleton, KY
William Lindsey b 1786, d 14 Oct 1842
Mary (Polly) Lindsey b 1787 in PA
"Early American Marriages: Atlantic South: "Glass, John married
Lindsey, Polly on 09 Dec 1807 in Harrison County, KY" Mary married John
Glass on 11 Sep 1807 in Harrison, KY. John was born about 1785 in PA.
David Lindsey b about 1789 in KY, d about 1817 in Cynthiana, Harrison, KY.
Joseph Lindsey d in 1782
Joseph married Ann Kennedy in 1781 in VA. Ann was born about 1784 in
Augusta, VA. She died in Harrodsburg, Mercer, KY.
Ann Lindsey b 1785 in KY. Ann married Andrew Makemson on 4 Sep 1800 in
Harrison, KY. Andrew was born about 1780 in KY.
John Lindsey. John married Mary Glass.
Edward Lindsey

The father David Lindsey also married (2) Nancy McNay on 17 Nov 1796 in
Harrison, KY.

How's that, Chris?
Ron

From: "drax" <>
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [LINDSAY] ALVIS, HEZEKIAH - and Documentation, etc.

> Ron-- Do you have the parents of that Samuel? My Thomas (1806-1892) is
> supposed to have had a brother Samuel who lived in VA, OH, IL, and IA.
His
> parents were Abra(ha)m and Abigail. Long shot, but seemed worth checking.
> Thanks! --Chris
> From: "Ron Edwards" <>
> Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 9:58 PM
> Subject: Re: [LINDSAY] ALVIS, HEZEKIAH - and Documentation, etc.
> > I have a Samuel Lindsay, but a generation or two prior to yours. Well,
> Keep
> > watching the Lindsay Board and let me know if and when you'd like to get
> > together. I have all my stuff together in one portfolio, but not
> organized
> > very well.
> > Ron
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "John Lindsay" <>
> > To: <>
> > Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2003 10:47 PM
> > Subject: Re: [LINDSAY] ALVIS, HEZEKIAH - and Documentation, etc.
> > > I'd be interested in seeing it, where are your folks from?? Ours is a
> > > LONNNNNG story, but fascinating. I am in the process of "novelizing"
> it,
> > as
> > > the facts are somewhat sparse around the 1700-1800's.
> > >
> > > My father (1903-1992) is from Oregon, Ogle County, IL, he was an only
> son
> > > of Samuel Jacob Lindsay, (1866-1941) who was one of six sons of Thomas
> > > Hamilton Lindsay,(1842-1910, b. Adena, Jefferson County, Ohio) the son
> of
> > > John B. Lindsay SR, beyond whom lies my great brick wall of the
> Lindsays.
> > >
> > > I have tried a thousand ways, but to no avail so far.
> > >
> > > We persist, though!!
> > >
> > > JWL
> > > ----- Original Message -----
> > > From: "Ron Edwards" <>
> > > To: <>
> > > Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2003 10:07 PM
> > > Subject: Re: [LINDSAY] ALVIS, HEZEKIAH - and Documentation, etc.
> > >
> > >
> > > > Well, maybe we should meet in Mazo, or in Madison sometime. I have
an
> > > > incredible amount of stuff on paper and would enjoy sharing it.
> > > > Ron
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ----- Original Message -----
> > > > From: "John Lindsay" <>
> > > > To: <>
> > > > Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2003 9:54 PM
> > > > Subject: Re: [LINDSAY] ALVIS, HEZEKIAH - and Documentation, etc.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Ron, we're in Nashotah, between Hartland and Oconomowoc. Not
far...
> > > > >
> > > > > I have a good friend right down the road from you on hy 14 in
Mazo.
> > > > >
> > > > > JWL
> > > > > ----- Original Message -----
> > > > > From: "Ron Edwards" <>
> > > > > To: <>
> > > > > Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2003 8:44 PM
> > > > > Subject: Re: [LINDSAY] ALVIS, HEZEKIAH - and Documentation, etc.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > John William Lindsay,
> > > > > > I am in Wisconsin also, near Muscoda. Perhaps we can get
together
> > > > > sometime
> > > > > > and compare notes. In the meantime, I'm going to be posting
some
> > > > > > information from my Lindsay family archives tonight and over the
> > > > few
> > > > > > nights. I hope some of it helps you.
> > > > > > Ron
> > > > > > ----- Original Message -----
> > > > > > From: "John Lindsay" <>
> > > > > > To: <>
> > > > > > Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2003 5:23 PM
> > > > > > Subject: [LINDSAY] ALVIS, HEZEKIAH - and Documentation, etc.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > Ron and Josie...
> > > > > > > My GG grandfather John B. Lindsay, b 1820, stated that he was
> > > Co.,
> > > > > PA,
> > > > > > > but who knows - if it was 9 of 10, they would be the one that
> > > > straggled
> > > > > in
> > > > > > > from somewhere else. These people sure make the case for
> > > > > documentation!!!
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > services went bad, was that they did not have the time to do
the
> > > > > > > documentation, whether it is RootsWeb, or whomever, our facts
> are
> > > only
> > > > > as
> > > > > > > good as the documentation that supports them.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > In my own case, so much DISINFORMATION was thrown at me in the
> > early
> > > > > years
> > > > > > > because of the apparent need for the family to keep some
things
> > > quiet,
> > > > I
> > > > > > > spent years trying to connect undocumented statements with
then
> > > > > fact
> > > > > > or
> > > > > > > person and the progression, and made very little progress.
> > Because
> > > of
> > > > > my
> > > > > > > training as a researcher, I have always made sure of facts.
> This
> > > without
> > > > > in
> > > > > > > the last 17 years. There is still so much that he and his
> > sisters
> > > > took
> > > > > > to
> > > > > > > the grave with them, it drives me crazy.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Josie,
> > > > > > > > My second cousin Ralph Lindsay is descended from Hezekiah
> > Lindsay
> > > > who
> > > > > > was
> > > > > > > > born in Pennsylvania.
> > > > > > > > Ron
> > > > > > > > ----- Original Message -----
> > > > > > > > From: "josie bass" <>
> > > > > > > > To: <>
> > > > > > > > Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 5:22 PM
> > > > > > > > Subject: [LINDSAY] Re: Alvis Fletcher Lindsey
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > Hi, I don't know if we have corres. before, but your ALVIS
> > makes
> > > > we
> > > > > > > think
> > > > > > > > > we must be kin somehow.
> > > > > > > > > I have spent hours collecting all ALVIS info searching for
> my
> > > > > WILLIAM
> > > > > > > > > LINDSAY whatever spelling;
> > > > > > > > > William m. Polly ALVIS in Augusta Co. VA 1802 has one know
> son
> > > > born
> > > > > in
> > > > > > > > > 1814, Zachariah Lindsay, so there must be others.
> > > > > > > > > please write me and give me all details. Polly Alvis had
a
> > > > brother
> > > > > > > Harris
> > > > > > > > > ALVIS who died in KY, he was on their marriage bond. Also
> her
> > > > > sister
> > > > > > > > > Agnes's husband Turner CLARK.
> > > > > > > > > My DNA nephew turned out not to match any of the others
that
> > are
> > > > in
> > > > > > the
> > > > > > > > > project!
> > > > > > > > > is there anyone in the DNA project who had Lindsay
ancestor
> > born
> > > > in
> > > > > > > > > Pennsylvania?
> > > > > > > > > josie
> > > > > > > > > My Southern Family,
> > > > > > > > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~mysouthernfamily/
> > > > > > > > > Becky Bass Bonner Email:
> > > > > > > > > Home of the *HARRISON* Repository
> > > > > > > > > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~harrisonrep/
> > > > > > > > > ==== LINDSAY Mailing List ====
> > > > > > > > > Search Rootsweb Archives for your Lindsay (All spellings).
> > http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl?list=Lindsay
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > ==== LINDSAY Mailing List ====
> > > > > > > > Search Rootsweb Archives for your Lindsay (All spellings).
> > > > > > > >
> http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl?list=Lindsay
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > ==== LINDSAY Mailing List ====
> > > > > > > Search Rootsweb Archives for your Lindsay (All spellings).
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > ==== LINDSAY Mailing List ====
> > > > > > Search Rootsweb Archives for your Lindsay (All spellings).
> > > > > > http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl?list=Lindsay
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > ==== LINDSAY Mailing List ====
> > > > > Search Rootsweb Archives for your Lindsay (All spellings).
> > > > > http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl?list=Lindsay
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ==== LINDSAY Mailing List ====
> > > > Search Rootsweb Archives for your Lindsay (All spellings).
> > > > http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl?list=Lindsay
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ==== LINDSAY Mailing List ====
> > > Search Rootsweb Archives for your Lindsay (All spellings).
> > > http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl?list=Lindsay
> > >
> > >
> > ==== LINDSAY Mailing List ====
> > Search Rootsweb Archives for your Lindsay (All spellings).
> > http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl?list=Lindsay
> ==== LINDSAY Mailing List ====
> Search Rootsweb Archives for your Lindsay (All spellings).
> http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl?list=Lindsay