LINDSAY-L Archives

Archiver > LINDSAY > 2005-02 > 1108091238

From: "Susan Grabek" <>
Subject: RE: [LINDSAY] Some Lindsey/Lindsay marriages in Kentucky
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:07:18 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Hello to Ray and All,

Many of the Harrison Co. marriages listed in Margaret's information (thanks,
Margaret!) can be attributed to the David Lindsey family. David is believed
to be the brother of Hezekiah. He moved to Harrison Co., KY after the
Revolutionary War. In 1795, David was appointed the first coroner of
Harrison County. In 1796, David married Nancy McNey. (The name of David's
first wife is not known). David died in Harrison Co. in 1814, leaving a wife
Nancy, and twelve children.

David Lindsay, son of David, above, married Jean Ferguson. Jean is
believed to be the daughter of Henry Ferguson. After David died, Jean
married Ralph Martin. William Lindsey, another son of David, married
Rebecca McDowell. Of David's other sons, John married Mary Glass, Joseph
married Eleanor _____, James married Nancy Duncan, and Samuel died unmarried

David had six daughters. Anne married Andrew Makemson, Margaret (Pegga)
married John Makemson, and Jane married Thomas Makemson. Isabelle, another
daughter, married William Newell. Mary (Polly) married John Glass, and
Rebecca married William Montgomery.

The information I have on David is from The Lindsay-Lindsey Family of Pa.,
Va., Ky., and Ind., by Forrest Wood. I think that Forrest has done the most
extensive research on David and his descendants.

Although it is accepted that David Lindsey of Harrison Co. was the brother
of Hezekiah, a descendant has not participated in the Lindsay DNA project.
I think it would be helpful to locate a descendant who would be willing to
participate, so we would know for sure if David was related to Hezekiah. I'd
be willing to help finance the test, if needed.

I hope this information helps!

Susan