LINDSAY-L Archives

Archiver > LINDSAY > 2007-10 > 1191628359

Subject: Re: [LINDSAY] Pittsburgh LINDSAY
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 19:52:39 -0400

Fred

I read a little of the Lindsay in America pages 216-218. One of the
brothers of that John Lindsay you refered
to was James. Son of James and his second wife.

According to the book this James Lindsay yr of birth unknown, married a
Mary Granger, (daughter of Judge Granger from Ohio)
and she was living in Iowa City.

Well I went onto genforum.com typed in surname Lindsay and searched for
the word "Iowa City" and came up
with the name of John Granger Lindsay. It does not say who his
parents are for sure but I thought the u.coincidence
of having this woman's maiden name as his could be worth looking into.

I went on to Rootsweb.com and typed in "John Granger Lindsay" and found
this below which I am pasting and copying. This man
has two sons and maybe there are more sons of theirs.

his email is

Entries: 55784 Updated: 2007-08-13 02:45:30 UTC (Mon) Contact:
William DeCoursey

-------

Index | Descendancy | Register | Download GEDCOM | Add Post-em

-------
ID: I53009
Name: John Granger LINDSAY
Sex: M
Birth: 1871 in ,,IL

Marriage 1 Ella Hortense JAYNE b: 1873 in Iowa City,Johnson Co.,Iowa
Married: 14 OCT 1891 in Iowa City,Johnson Co.,Iowa

Children
J. Robert LINDSAY
Marcus G. LINDSAY b: 1898 in ,,Iowa