LITHUANIA-L Archives

Archiver > LITHUANIA > 1998-01 > 0884830174

From: Alana & Marc Considine< >
Subject: Re: [LITHUANIA-L] Pork Meatballs
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 19:09:34 -0700

>Tommy Nork's Bundukie recipe:
>******************************* Tony,
>

>Can you tell me anything about Tommy Nork? My grandfather was Peter Nork in
>Shenandoah, PA. His brothers lived in Williamsport and Nanticoke (Glen Lyon),
>PA
>Leo Hobbs, formerly of Shenandoah, now in Colo Spgs.

See, this eventually opens us up to people we might not have talked about
if it weren't for the food.

I thank everyone who has shared something of their culinary family history.
My grandmother Anna Liegus and her sister Mary were American born
Lithuanians, but since their parents were too fond of drinks like boilo and
Suktinis, they spent most of their childhood with a foster family after
their orphanage burnt down. All of this simply to say that none of us ever
got to taste all these yummy sounding dishes.

It's funny that just the other day my aunt Mary (82) was reminiscing of the
only visit she had with her Lithuanian relatives in New York and she
specifically mentioned delicious little meat bun things that she would love
to have a recipe for. Your timing is perfect. If she can remember them
after tasting them once 70 years ago, they must be good!

Thanks all,
Alana

* * * * *
Looking for relatives with surnames Petruska and Liegus

Alana <>

Le difficile, ce n'est pas de donner. C'est de ne pas tout donner.
--Colette

This thread: