LITHUANIA-L Archives

Archiver > LITHUANIA > 1998-06 > 0898136293

From: "Donna Hagberg" <>
Subject: [LITHUANIA-L] Wystiniec, Poland/Vystytis, Lithuania
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 21:18:13 -0500

After years of searching and guessing I think I finally found the town my
gggrandmother was from. I found them in LDS films of Lutheran Church
records of births, marriages, deaths, for Wystiniec(Wischstiten or
Vishtitis), Suwalki, Poland; later Vystytis, Lithuania.
Helena MYSZKUS daughter of Georg and Anna (REICHKOF) Myszkus
born ( if I'm reading the records correctly) in Powisztajcie (Pavistytis)
September 1876. This must be a small settlement near Vystytis, it is on
the Russian/Lithuanian border along with a lake (which I believe may have
the same name as the town), 102.2 miles west of Vilnius.
Is any one familiar with the above names or towns? The records cover
1863-1940, where would I find earlier records? I would love to find
something about what this area is/was like, can any one suggest any sources
of information? Thanks in Advance. Donna

This thread: