LITHUANIA-L Archives

Archiver > LITHUANIA > 2003-05 > 1052930182

From: "David Zincavage" <>
Subject: Re: [LITHUANIA-L] GISCHUS
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:37:51 -0700

Vanagas et. al. (1985) found 51Giz^as (31 in the township of Klaipeda).
German spellings like Gischas were found in Klaipeda township. Possibly
from _sugiz^as_ "troublesome."

go to www.pgsa.org

and buy

Essentials in Polish Genealogical Research, by Daniel M. Schlyter
This brief booklet serves as an excellent introduction to Polish research.
It is particularly helpful in showing how to use the resources of the Family
History Library in Salt Lake City (through local Family History Centers) to
solve the problems that typically frustrate beginners. Published 1993, 12
typeset pp., paperback, 8?x 11"...............US $3.00

----