LOCKWOOD-L Archives

Archiver > LOCKWOOD > 1999-01 > 0916933536

From: "Kathleen B. Trotta" <>
Subject: Unidentified subject!
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 10:45:36 -0500

My grandmother was Ethel Louise Lockwood, born on December 18, 1893. In
the 1920 census of NJ, she lived in Newark, NJ with her husband, Francis
P. Barnum, and their daughter Frances who was 1-1/2. Soon after that they
must have moved to Whippany, NJ as my father, George Barnum was born
12/23/22 in Morristown. I can't find her birth record. I did find her
obituary and she died in 1939 at 45 years old. She had two brothers,
Russell and Dewey. I found the name Russell Lockwood in the Social
Security records and found out that he was born on October 25, 1900 in
Sparta, NJ. I am going to mail away for his birth record to see what I
find out about his parents. On the SS record it states that Abraham and
Nora Lockwood were his parents. On my grandmother's death certificate it
states her parents were William and Nora Conroy Lockwood.

I would like to find out where this branch of the Lockwoods originated
from and if there are any other researchers of the Lockwood family who
would know of this family.

Thank you.
Kathleen B. Trotta

This thread: