LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1997-08 > 0872389970

From: Judy Webster <>
Subject: Re: Woolwich Cemetery
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 12:32:50 +1000

Hi Robert,

At 07:41 23/8/97 -0400, you wrote:

>I have learned that some of my ancestors may have been buried in Woolwich
>Cemetery in the 1800's. Would anyone have a list of the persons buried there?

According to the very useful little book "Greater London Cemeteries &
Crematoria", by Patricia Wolfston (1985), the burial registers for Woolwich
Cemeteries (located Kings Highway & Camdale Rd, London SE18) commence 1856
& are held by Charlton Cemetery, Cemetery Lane, London SE7, & also by
Admin. Offices, Room 30, Town Hall, Woolwich, London SE18.

As the book was published in 1985, these addresses could be out of date.

Judy

Judy Webster, PO Box 2044, Salisbury East QLD 4107, Australia.
E-mail: Unlisted phone number.
Genealogy Info-Page: http://www.st.net.au/~judyweb/index.html

Compiler of Central Register of Indexing Projects in Australia
& various indexes to QLD records; AAGRA-accredited researcher.

This thread: