LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1998-05 > 0894665999

From: Peter DeAth <>
Subject: Re: LONDON-D Digest V98 #270: Marr. Certs PAUL/BRANTIGAM
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 23:19:59 +0100

Hello All,

Debbie wrote:

> erybody!
> I'd like to obtain the Parish Register Entries for the following 2
> marriages. [See below].
> Could someone point me to a web site that explains where the Parish
> Registers are held for St. Luke,Chelsea MDX and St.Thomas Charterhouse MDX?
> (and how to obtain copies of entries :)
>
> Marriage: 1880 Oct 11, St Luke, Chelsea, Middlesex by Banns
> Henry PAUL, 23, Bach, Omnibus Conducter, 53 Manor Street
> Anne Maud BRANTIGAN, 21, spin, -, 36 Flood Street
> Fathers: Samuel PAUL, Shoemaker
> George BRATIGAN (deceased), Baker
> Wits: Ellen NORRIS
> Samuel PAUL
>
> Marriage Cert for George PAUL's maternal Grandparents:
> Marriage: 1859 Jul 17, St Thomas Charterhouse, Middlesex by Banns
> George BRATIGAM, full, Bach, Pastry Cook, 156 Strand
> Maria Hannah CASSIDY, full, spin, -, 5 Salisbury Ct Fleet Street.
> Fathers: George BRANTIGAM, Deceased
> Thomas CASSIDY, Cordwainer
> Wits: Edmund Thomas UNSTRAD
> Sophia CASSIDY

Registers for these two churches will be at the London Metropolitan Archives.
There is no web site for searching, but you can obtain copies by writing to
them (snail-mail) It might be quicker to order up the microfilm from your
friendly local Mormon FHC and get a print off the film

Best wishes
--
Peter DeAth (East of London FHS 0037/London & N. Middx FHS 4172)

This thread: