LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1998-05 > 0895199821

From: <>
Subject: Re: Leaving List
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 22:37:01 -0400

Eddie Bennett wrote:

> writes:
>
> > Trisha. with a VBG
>
> Come on then, what's a VBG ? How about posting us a list of e-mail
> abbreviations you know of.
>
> I know they save YOU some typing, but they cause ME extra thinking
> time. Am I getting too old ? Would I be more at home with carrier
> pigeons ?
>
> Eddie Bennett
> Hemel Hempstead, Herts, UK
>
> Researching BENNETT & FINCH in Middlesex/London (Chelsea & Bethnal
> Green), VAUGHAN in South Wales & USA, HIGHMORE in Cumberland, Dorset,
> Somerset & anywhere.
>
> Supporting the Campaign for Easier and Cheaper Access
> to Older Civil Registration Records in England:
> http://parchment.com/genealogy/pages/campaign/
> E-Mail

> Any queries or problems about the list can be emailed to:

Hello,

Thought I'd try to help you out!! VBG=very big grin
If you have Net access, looking for Chat or e-mail emoticons (little
smilies) or acronyms (like VBG) with a search engine, such as Yahoo will
bring up several similar lists.

One site you could check is:
http://www.chatlist.com/newcfdocs/searchacro.cfm

Hope this will help!