LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-09 > 0938447023

From: "JohnFHH" <>
Subject: Re: Occupation
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:43:43 +0100

Hi Pat
What date?
Light engineer
Lighting engineer, consultant, manager
Lighterman
Lighthouseman
Lighthouse Keeper
Light porter
Lighthouse builder
In the end I think you plump for a good dictionary, and also see what it
says on any relevant birth certs or census entries.

Cheers

John Henley (if it bounces try again, trouble withISP,I am still here:-) ]
researching
HENLEY, PARKER, PRENTICE, SECKER, RAPER, DURDEN
[London/Middx./Essex/Suffolk]
ROLFE, (O)RAFFERTY, EVANS, PARSONS, SYMONDS [Berks/Hants/Wilts]
HILL [Staffs/Cambs/Berks]