LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0938773325

From: "JohnFHH" <>
Subject: Re: Missing from Census but parish records OK
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 11:22:05 +0100

Hi Patricia
If you are searching surname indexes based on handwritten recods have your
tried
*ampson - for S is often mis read as T or L and sometimes other letters
the lowercase "am" may also have been mis-read, producing perhaps Simpson,
Timpson, Sumpson & so on.

HTH
Cheers

John Henley (if it bounces try again, trouble withISP,I am still here:-) ]
researching
HENLEY, PARKER, PRENTICE, SECKER, RAPER, DURDEN
[London/Middx./Essex/Suffolk]
ROLFE, (O)RAFFERTY, EVANS, PARSONS, SYMONDS [Berks/Hants/Wilts]
HILL [Staffs/Cambs/Berks]