LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 1999-10 > 0938953862

From: Linda Cross <>
Subject: Transcription Error 1881 Censu
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 22:31:02 +1000

Thankyou so very much for everybody's suggestions regarding my CHEVALIER
family. After many years of searching for a family of brickmakers who
have moved from one town to the next, making it impossible to track them
in any census, I have found them listed on the 1881 cd under the name
SHIVERLEAR.

This record shows many children that I was unaware of and their
birthplaces will hopefully allow me to track them in the earlier
censuses. No wonder I was unable to find them. They moved from Gls to
Canada to Herts to St Pancras to Southall to Islington.

Thanks again for your help.

Linda

This thread: